Friday, September 16, 2016

Warmachine Mini Battle Report - Cryx (Asphyxious 1) vs. Cygnar (Jeremiah Kraye)

Ryan playing his Cryx vs. a rag tag bunch of Cygnar

This was the second game of our Warmachine game night and I had already been berated for how un-fun it was to play against Zerkova 2 so when Austin left, I decided to throw together a mishmash of Cygnar that he had in his cabinet.
Here's today's Lists:

Warcaster: Jeremiah Kraye
Warjack: Stormwall
Warjack: Stormclad
Warjack: Ironclad
Unit: Tempest Blazers
Unit: Long Gunners


Warcaster: Asphyxious 1
Warjack: Kraken
Warjack: Slayer
Warjack: Shrike
Warjack: Cankerwor
Warjack: Deathripper
Warjack: Defiler
Unit: Satyxis Raiders
Unit: Satyxis Raider Sea Witch
Unit: Bile Thralls (Min)
Unit: Long Gunners

Austin just finished painting his Jeremiah Kraye and I've been hearing how horrible he is so I wanted to try him out. The list doesn't have much synergy as I had no clue what Kraye did. I most likely would have brought a strong gun line that would benefit from reposition 5.

The game went horrible for Cygnar. The Tempest Blazers were able to do some work and work on controlling the right most flag but were no match for Parasite, Gaspy's feat of POW 5 damage and a popping Bile Thrall. The Long Gunners got jammed up by 2 Satyxis Raiders and were never able to shoot again. Stormwall couldn't take out the Kraken and was Parasited and destroyed the following turn.

I ran Stormclad into melee with Asphyxious but too a free strike from a Satyxis Raider which rolled thee 6's and took out his right arm which made him useless. Kraye charged and missed a Slayer and didn't get to score because of it. On my final Hail Mary I moved in a fully loaded Kraye with 6 focus into Asphyxious and he only hit once.

People are right. Kraye is absolute garbage and I got to try it out myself. POW 11 gun, 1" POW 13 melee with MAT 6 and no offensive boosts. Pure junk.

Now that I know what he does and if I had more options I would pair him up with some Defenders, Chargers, Hunters, and whatever else shoots and see if I could blow something off the table and reposition into safety. Other than that, worst caster ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment