Thursday, September 15, 2016

Austin fairly upset playing against Zerkova 2

I brought Zerkova 2 for game day this week which was a swing in the other direction from the list of Armor Skew I brought last week but never got a chance to play because Austin and Ryan had a 5 hour game. I figured it'd be nice to play an assassination list since it's not normally my play style and it would be something new.

Here's today's Lists:

Warcaster: Zerkova 2
Warcaster Unit: Doomreaver Guards
Warjack: Behemoth
Unit: Greylord Outriders
Unit: Greylord Ternions
Unit: Kayazy Eliminators
Unit: Winter Guard Rifle Corp
Unit Attachments: 3x Rocketeers
Unit: Aiyanna & Holt
Unit Attachments: Valachev
Solo: Kovnik Joe
Solo: Eiryss 1 (accidentally brought Eiryss 2)


Warcaster: Siege
Warcaster Attachment: Squire
Warjack: Stormclad
Warjack: Defender
Warjack: Defender
Warjack: Hunter
Warjack: Hunter
Warjack: Charger
Unit: Storm Knights
Unit Attachment: Storm Knight Officer

Austin and his Cygnar won the roll and chose to go second.

Turn 1: Khador: I move up with Zerkova 2 and cast Telgesh Mark on a Kayazy Eliminator which makes her an Arc Node. I run up my first turn and get into position to pop and feat on turn 2. Austin's Warjacks are densely packed to the left side I move Eiryss 1 to the right flag in case the assassination goes wrong. The Winter Guard Rifle Corps try to the same with center flag but they're mainly a road block for right flag.

Turn 1: Cygnar: Austin moves in on my army. First thing he does is to take both Hunters and uses them to try and kill my Greylord Outriders. He kills 1. He runs up his Sword Knights to try and set the line of battle and then makes a wall of Warjacks to block LOS to Siege when he advances. Siege moves up and boosts a Ground Pounder on the Greylord Outriders and kills another. I'm down to 3.

Turn 2: Khador: I run my 3 Greylord Outriders and Greylord Ternions in position base to base with his guys. I then move Aiyanna & Holt up to see if she can get a Kiss of Lylss on Siege but she's too far. Eiryss claims a flag and the Rifle Corps block a path to her and contest the center flag.

The Kayazy Eliminators run up within 8" and LOS of Siege.

Zerkova 2 activates and casts Occult Whispers which gives all her Friendly Faction Models boosted Magical Attack rolls. She then pops her feat and arcs a Hoarfrost into Siege, boosting it giving her 4 dice to hit. She crits which makes him Stationary (around 72% chance). She cranks the damage roll and he has to use a focus to negate damage. The Greylord Outriders cast their spells next and 2 of them crank it as well and are able to easily kill a stationary Siege. I still had 3x Greylord Ternions that would have casted 3x Pow 12s at him.

Overall Austin was pissed and rightfully so except I have no pity for man who played Kara Sloan his last 8 games. Zerkova is fun but if you know her assassination is coming you can plan for it and she's pretty much a one trick pony.

I think having a Reinholdt would be a good inclusion for the reroll to her Hoarfrost. You're most likely going to connect with 4x D6 but you might want a reroll to shoot for the crit stationary. Unfortunately I do not have any more magic slingers or I would replace the Rifle Corp and Joe and make the list totally super jank.

Austin did not have fun but I sure did.

No comments:

Post a Comment