Monday, February 16, 2015

Weird Undead Armored Guy Sketch

I was digging in my desk and found a pack of fine tip Micron pens that had been sitting unopened for years in a box and I figured I'd break them in with a little drawing.

My buddy Ryan (who also will be blogging for DiceWrath) plays a Warmachine army called "Cryx" that are full of spell slinging axe wielding undead monsters. I thought it'd be fun to draw something "Cryx-ish" and make him a shirt for when we start doing our video battle reports.

Cryx Drawning
"Cryx-ish" guy drawing process

I just kind of started randomly sketching a form in pencil and then filled the shapes in with the Micron pen. I didn't want to have to draw legs and stuff so I just ended it with his hands.


Cryx Art
Finished Cryxy guy

The drawing was too big to fit on one piece of paper so I just drew the bottom half on another and photoshopped them together.

A rough t-shirt color layout

I'm not sure if I plan to make this a shirt or not but it was fun to draw and it really got me excited about designing again. Hopefully I can schedule some sketch time every week so I can get back some good mojo.

Mark Lim is a web designer, owns OverwatchApparel.com and PoisonApple.com, a food blogger (OhSoFat.com) and a part time astronaut.  His favorite game is Warmachine / Hordes and his wife forces him to sleep with a C-PAP because he snores."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment