Monday, February 16, 2015

Dice Wrath - Adventures in Amateur Embroidery or How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Money and to Love Capitalism

Brother PR1000e

Meet the Brother PR1000e. He can stitch more stitches in one minute than 1000 retired grandmas stitching on the couch while watching The Price is Right. It's an amazing piece of machinery that I'm hoping eventually pay for my son's college education or at least a couple buckets of Legos and Nerf Guns for myself.

Brother PR1000e in action

I figured I really need to have a shirt with our logo on it if I plan to do videos and take pictures. Normally I would use my screen printing machine but the amount of time, cost, and effort to do it would be too much.

Mark Lim finished Dice Wrath Shirt

Fortunately, the new embroidery machine lets you take a JPEG image and convert it to a file called a PES which the embroidery machine can convert to stitches. All I have to do is insert a USB with the file on the side of the machine and it'll start printing!

Dice Wrath Embroidery

I'm still learning and in early Beta mode right now but soon I will have slightly limited possibilities and unlimited fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment