Friday, March 20, 2020

Drukhari - Stabby Stabby Pokey Pokey Models

This Drukhari army has been sitting in my plastic tub of shame for quite a while now. When I purchased them online I thought that the models were going to be the new plastic versions but instead they were the old metal derps. For the longest time I hated them because of how lame the models look but after fondling them for a bit they grew on me.

Drukhari Army Painting Progress
Durkhari Army - Painting Progress 1
The maneuverable glass cannon play style was a stark contrast from my main Death Guard army and opened up more strategies for me to try.

I decided to go with a deep purpley color for there base and highlight it with gold and silver.

Dark Archons and Haemonculae
Dark Archons and Haemonculi
The Dark Archons are my favorite models of the bunch. One has a cool Hannibal Lechter face mask and the other is a bad ass warrior chick. The Haemonculi look like old frail grandmas.

Drukhari Raiders Dedicated Transports
Raiders
The Raiders are pretty cool. I don't own many transports so I'm excited to try them out. I dig the open-top rule which allows the Kabalite Warriors inside to shoot and with the Obsession Obsidian Rose + Splinter Racks it gives them +6" to range and all 6+ hits become 2 hits. They're fast and are armed with a single Dark Lance.

Dark Eldar Drukhari Scourges OOP Metal
Scourges
I also love the Scourges but they drive me nuts as they constantly tip over because they're so top heavy. I love that I can take 4x Dark Lances in a 5 man unit along with their 14" move. They're also not too shabby looking models.

OOP Reavers Drukhari Dark Eldar
Reavers
The Reavers are blindingly fast at 18" move and 8" automatic Advance. I just purchased 6 more for my army but I'm not sure how they'll play out. I think they'll be good for grabbing objectives for some late game points (if they survive) but they're not much stronger than the Kabalite Warriors. There are a couple of Stratagems that beef them up a bit but they're still shooting with pea shooter Splinter Rifles at 4S/4+ Wound (6+ on Vehicles).

Old School Metal Dark Eldar Drukhari Talos
Talos
These units were my most disappointing ones. When I purchased them I thought I was getting the really awesome plastic models but when I got my box they were these janky cartoon scorpion things. They're slowly growing on me. I do need to swap out the arms as you can only have 1 pokey poke and pinchy pinch per model.
Drukhari Dark Eldar Incubi
Incubi
I like the look of the old school metal Incubi but there are very few model poses which makes it hard to determine which is the Klaviex. The shore up some of the melee holes that my army is lacking.

It looks like I'll be on lockdown for the next week because of COVID-19 so I'll be able to get some painting done. I've also got some more old school metal models coming next week that will help my 2000 point list be more competitive. I'm looking forward to posting more progress pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment