Saturday, March 26, 2016

Cygnar vs. Khador - Company of Iron - Bunker

Last week we played some more Company of Iron scenarios. I hadn't played pVlad for a while so I decided to bring him. I forgot how nasty Signs & Portents was and how adding a die and dropping the lowest number swings your percentages so much to your favor.

It worked out really well for the Behemoth and the Winter Guard Deathstar but not so much for the Greylord Outriders which tried to flank outside pVlad's control area and went up against the Gun Mages and got owned.

 Setting the line of battle

 My pVlad list included a Behmoth, Winter Guard Deathstar, Great Bears, Greylord Outriders and a battle engine. I was actually hoping to play Ryan's Cryx and murderize him but he had car trouble and couldn't make it that day. Austin brought Siege (again) along with a Stormwall and a Defender that was controlled buy a JWC. He also brought a full unit of Gun Mages.

 The game went pretty according to plan for me. I was able to use my Outriders to flank his Gun Mages but I didn't get the rolls so they just kept each other busy. I was ab to get the Great Bears in with some protection and they took out the JWC and the defender. I messed something up and Austin was able to get a Stormwall shot on pVlad on Siege's feat which hurt bad but I survived.

 After that there wasn't much he could do with S&P Winter Guard Deathstar with Kovnik Joe's For The Motherland. Siege was assassinated. Austin totally ignored the bunker and went for an assassination which was probably a mistake. With Defender and Stormwall he would have been able to possibly take out the DEF 5, ARM 20, 100 HP Bunker in a couple turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment